Monday, November 7, 2011

How do I fix a rotting floor?

I bought my house about a year and a half ago, it used to be a on a slab, but a previous owner lifted it up and put a crawlspace under it. I noticeda few months later there was a soft spot in one of the bedrooms and I went into the crawlspace to check it out. I was able to pull the subfloor apart with my hand. I had a home inspection and somehow the inspector missed this.(I did not notice any mold, and have inspected it every few months and have seen none). The plywood on top of the subfloor is not that thick, and when you walk on it it bends. I do not plan to stay in this house for more than 4-5 years and would like to avoid spending thousands of dollars to fix it, but I am afraid that the next owner will hire a better home inspector who will catch this and I will have difficulty selling the house. I am open to any and all suggestions. Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment